Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, September 14, 2018.
8. Webroot Vulnerability: Webroot has patched a severe vulnerability in the company's SecureAnywhere antivirus software for Apple macOS. The SpiderLabs research team at TrustWave, a Top 100 MSSP, discovered the vulnerability.
7. Partnership - MDR and SIEM: eSentire, a Top 100 MSSP and Top 20 MDR (managed detection and response) provider, has launched an integrated MDR and SIEM platform. It leverages a partnership with Sumo Logic.
6. Partner Program - MSPs: Delta Risk, a Top 100 MSSP, has expanded its partner program for MSPs, including new cloud security capabilities in its ActiveEye managed security platform. The company will share more details with MSPs on September 19.
5. Multi-Cloud Management: Avid Secure has integrated with the HashiCorp Terraform platform. The connection provides DevOps and security teams end-to-end visibility and compliance for their multi-cloud workloads, Avid claims.
4. Major PC Vulnerability: F-Secure has discovered a vulnerability that leaves most modern PCs open to so-called Cold Boot Attacks...
3. Penetration Testing: Pcysys has unveiled PenTera 2.0, an upgraded version of the company's automated penetration testing platform.
2. SOC as a Service: Arctic Wolf Networks has launched a new partner portal for its SOC (security operations center) as a service offerings. The effort includes improved deal registration, new sales enablement tools, and marketing collateral that allows partners to co-brand assets. Arctic Wolf Partner Training has also surfaced. Among the key names partners should know at the company: Director of Channel Sales Will Briggs.
1. Top 100 MSSPs - Complete List: If you missed the unveiling yesterday, you can find the Top 100 MSSPs 2018 list here.