Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Monday, August 20, 2018.
7. U.S. Election Security: Cylance has unveiled a "non-partisan initiative" to support all 2018 U.S. political campaigns with its Cylance Smart Antivirus at no cost and with no credit card authorization, the company says. The campaign initiative is available to all members of the public between now and November, Cylance says. Rival McAfee made a similar free offer to campaign system operators earlier this month.
6. Necurs Botnet Returns:A new Necurs botnet campaign targets thousands of banks with a malicious file dropping the FlawedAmmyy remote-access Trojan, Dark Reading reports...
5. Cyber Insurance Warning: The cyber insurance market faces at least three major risks, and insurers are taking several approaches to mitigate those risks, according to a new Geneva Association report...
4. Cyber Training Mergers, Acquisitions and Funding: The growing market for cybersecurity training services and associated software is driving M&A activity. Recent deals include Proofpoint acquiring Wombat Security Technologies; private equity acquiring and rebranding PhishMe as Cofense; Mimecast acquiring Ataata; and KnowBe4 receiving a $30 million funding round, MergerMarket notes in a Forbes article.
3. SMB Cybersecurity Law: President Trump has signed the NIST Small Business Cybersecurity Act into law. The law is designed to help small businesses bolster their cyber defenses. We'll share more details soon.
2. Accounting Firm Offers Managed Security Services: EisnerAmper Risk Solutions, a subsidiary of accounting firm EisnerAmper, has licensed the CloudAccess CloudSIEM/CloudLogger platform to deliver security monitoring and management to its clients 24/7.
1. Benchmark Your MSP: How is your business performing compared to the overall MSP and IT services market? Join the next ChannelE2E webcast this Thursday to find out.