Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Thursday, September 20, 2018.
12. Equifax Data Breach Fine: The UK has fined Equifax £500,000 ($660,000) for failing to protect the personal data of up to 15 million citizens in
11. Canadian Cybersecurity: Canada is conducting a national security analysis to minimize cyberthreats to the country from equipment made by foreign telecommunications companies, including China’s Huawei, The Global and Mail reports.
10. Government Approval: CrowdStrike has received an agency Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Authorization.
9. Cybersecurity Talent Gap: To train more cybersecurity workers and make them available to local government and other organizations, one expert is proposing a “Cybersecurity Peace Corps.”
8. Network Security: Masergy, a Top 100 MSSP, has introduced Secure Hybrid Networking, an evolution of the company’s network and security solutions. The offering supports network segmentation, and an on-premises device for a unified security view across a global enterprise.
7. Kaspersky Small Office: Kaspersky Lab has updated Kaspersky Small Office Security, adding protection against ransomware and crypto-miners for file servers, support for Microsoft Windows protection during computer reboot and application update, and more, the company says.
5. SecOps: Radid7 will soon release InsightConnect, a security orchestration and automation solution that helps security teams reduce manual workloads, create efficiency without sacrificing control, and work more effectively with IT and development teams, the company asserts.
4. MSSPs & Endpoint Security Part One: Seccom Global, a major MSSP in Australia, has embraced SentinelOne's security platform. SentinelOne has been catching on with MSSPs worldwide while also influencing M&A activity. A prime example: Continuum recently acquired CARVIR, a SentinelOne partner in Atlanta.
3. MSSPs & Endpoint Security Part Two: Internet Initiative Japan (IIJ) has become a Cylance MSSP partner, the companies say. IIJ offers managed security to 10,000 large and midsized enterprises and government agencies. CylancePROTECT will be available as one of IIJ’s Secure Endpoint Services in October.
2. Talent - Alert Logic: Security as a service provider Alert Logic has hired Christopher Rajiah as senior VP of worldwide alliances and partnerships. Rajiah previously held key executive posts at Equinix, ViaWest and Rackspace.
1. M&A - Identity and Access Management: EY has acquired Malaysian organization Xynapse, expanding the advisory firm’s identity and access management (IAM) business across the region. The deal will complement the EY Identity service offerings in Australia.