Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, July 22, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cybersecurity Unicorns: Which privately held cybersecurity companies will become unicorns -- with valuations of at least $1 billion? A finalists list for the Black Unicorn Awards may provide some clues.
3. Equifax Data Breach Settlement: Credit-reporting company Equifax will pay up to a record $650 million to settle U.S. federal and state probes into a massive 2017 data breach of personal information, Reuters reports.
4. NSA Contractor Sentenced: Harold Thomas Martin III, a former National Security Agency contractor who was accused and later pled guilty to stealing over 50TB of NSA data, has been sentenced today to nine years in prison, ZDnet reports.
5. Hackers Hit Real Estate Market: Here's how.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.