Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, February 26, 2018:
9. Top Concern: Investors and chief executives say cyber attacks pose the greatest threat to businesses operating in the U.K., outweighing other material risks including populism, trade protectionism and over-regulation, according to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, as reported by Bloomberg.
8. Cloud Data Privacy Debate: A major privacy rights fight between Microsoft and the Justice Department reaches the Supreme Court this week, with the justices considering whether U.S. law allows prosecutors to compel technology companies to hand over data stored overseas, according to Reuters. The debate is not limited to U.S. courts and homeland companies. Indeed, The European Union is preparing legislation to force companies to turn over customers’ personal data when requested even if it is stored on servers outside the bloc, a position that will put Europe at loggerheads with tech giants and privacy campaigners, Reuters adds.
7. Financial Services: Optium Cyber Systems is developing a cybersecurity solution designed specifically for private mortgage companies. The company did not disclose pricing or availability...
6. Partnership: PSSC Labs, a developer of custom High Performance Computing and Big Data computing solutions, was selected by CyberSecurity Malaysia (CSM) to help facilitate, manage, securely store and access massive amounts of cyber forensic data by building a custom turn-key cluster server, the two organizations say.
4. Ransomware Attack: SamSam ransomware shut down 2,000 computers at the Colorado Department of Transportation, 2spyware reports.
3. Talent: Bayshore Networks, a provider of industrial cyber protection, has promoted Kevin Senator to CEO and president. He succeeds Mike Dager. Senator previously was VP of worldwide sales and channels at the company.
2. MSP Partnership: Cisco Systems and Rackspace are continuing their longstanding business relationship. Among the latest moves: Rackspace is deploying high volumes of Cisco’s Next-Generation Firewalls and integrating them directly into its services, helping enable its customers to manage their hosted environments more efficiently and securely, the companies say.
1. Mobile World Congress 2018: Cybersecurity and 5G Wireless Network Deployments are the top topics dominating Mobile World Congress 2018 conference so far this week in Barcelona, Spain. Check ChannelE2E for ongoing blog updates and analysis of news from the conference.