Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, June 27, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
- Advanced Defense Technologies
- Global Threat Intelligence
- Threat Hunting
- Cybersecurity Training
- Malware Analysis and Digital Forensics
- Incident Response
- Security Assessment
- Penetration Testing and Red Teaming
The announcement did not mention whether Kaspersky SOC services would be available through channel partners, MSPs and MSSPs. We've reached out to Kaspersky for comment and will update this blurb if/when we receive an answer.
2. SOC Research: Integrating efforts of network operations centers (NOCs) and outsourcing security operations tasks offer major avenues toward improving SOC effectiveness and efficiency, according to results of a survey to be released by SANS Institute on July 10 and discussed on July 11.
3. MSP Attacks - Huntress Labs Perspectives: The company offers some timely views and analysis in this video:Video link
4. IoT Security Guide: NIST has released a report to help organizations manage IoT risks and associated cybersecurity strategies.
5. IoT Malware: Be on the lookout for Silexbot -- a piece of malware that destroys IoT devices...
6. Dark Web Monitoring: Keeper Security, which develops technology to prevent password-related data breaches and cyberthreats, has unveiled BreachWatch, a dark web monitoring and risk assessment solution for business customers.
7. Cybersecurity Training: Offensive Security, a provider of hands-on cybersecurity training and certification, has launched OffSec Flex. The program allows customers to purchase blocks of Offensive Security’s hands-on training, certification and virtual lab offering.
8. Cyber Insurance Comparison Portal: ProWriters Insurance Services has added two more cyber insurance companies (MGA CFC Underwriting and insurtech At-Bay) to its Cyber IQ platform. The platform, launched last November, allows brokers and agents to compare quotes from multiple stand-alone cyber insurance carriers, Insurance Business America reports.
10. Funding - Email Security: GreatHorn, an email security platform that protects organizations before, during, and after an email attack, has raised $13 million in funding co-led by RRE Ventures and .406 Ventures, with participation from existing investors including Techstars Ventures, V1.VC and Uncork Capital. GreatHorn has generated three consecutive years of triple-digit revenue growth -- though the company did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures.
11. Funding: TrapX Security, a cyber deception technology company, has raised $18 million in financing led by Ibex Investor.
12. Funding - Vulnerability Management: Delve Labs, which specializes in AI-based vulnerability management and prioritization, has raised additional funding from 3dot6 Ventures and Desjardins Capital, with participation from BDC Capital.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cyber Risk Standard: Rating agency Moody's and Israeli cyber group Team8 have launched a joint venture to assess how vulnerable businesses are to cyberattacks and create what they hope will become a global benchmark, Reuters reports.
2. Fortinet - Managed Security Services: Kudelski Security, the cybersecurity division within the Kudelski Group, has expanded its Fortinet Security Device Management Service. Kudelski Security provides manufacturer support services for such vendors as F5, Juniper and Pulse Secure, and has over 120 clients across the United States.
3. Security Analytics: Cloudflare has partnered with Chronicle Security, Datadog, Elastic, Looker, Splunk, and Sumo Logic to simplify Internet performance and security analytics, the company says.
4. Security as a Service: Armor, a cloud security-as-a-service provider, has evolved its Global Partner Program to enable new services and revenue opportunities for cloud consultants, MSPs, MSSPs and resellers.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.