Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, February 28, 2019.
21. Massive Data Leak: This time, it's Dow Jones...
20. Intel Security - Part One: SentinelOne's endpoint protection technology is now integrated with Intel's hardware-based Threat Detection Technology (Intel TDT). The result should be increased detection rates of cryptominer and advanced memory-based attacks.
19. Intel Security - Part Two: Eclypsium and Intel are pairing security capabilities coded into Intel silicon with advanced defenses against firmware threats.
18. Incident Response: Bay Dynamics' cyber risk and UEBA platform now integrates with IBM Resilient’s Incident Response Platform (IRP). The result: Security operations centers and incident responders can rapidly prioritize risks for investigation and trigger remediation workflows at the click of a button, the companies say.
17. M&A - Managed Detection & Response (MDR): CounterTack has completed its GoSecure acquisition. A new company name, GoSecure powered by CounterTack, signals the transition to a Cloud/SaaS security platform delivered by Managed Detection and Response (MDR), the company says. The CounterTack brand will remain as the platform name.
16. Funding - MDR: SecureSky, a managed detection and response (MDR) startup in an Omaha, Nebraska, has raised $6.5 million in seed funding.
15. Risk Analysis: SecurityScorecard has launched Atlas, a questionnaire and evidence exchange platform that enables enterprises to manage, complete, and analyze cybersecurity questionnaires and evidence-based internal security controls at scale. The result: Atlas gives a unified, 360-degree view into the risk posture of any company, using both internal and external security insights, SecurityScorecard claims.
14. SIEM Cloud Services: Exabeam has launched a SaaS-based version of its SIEM platform. The move could set the stage for smaller MSPs to more easily consume Exabeam's SIEM tools for log dat and behavioral analytics to detect attacks and automate incident response.
13. Research - Threat Report: ZScaler's 2019 Cloud Security Insights Threat Report reveals the rise of phishing attacks over encrypted channels.
12. Talent: Malwarebytes, the endpoint protection and remediation software provider, has hired Marketo veteran Greg Higham as CIO.
11. Mobile Threat Intelligence: Avast has launched apklab.io, a mobile threat intelligence platform (MTIP) designed to provide real-time intelligence for Google Android security researchers.
Continue to page two for items 10 to 1.
Welcome to page two. Here are items 10 to 1.
10. Symantec Integrated Cyber Defense: Keep a close eye on Symantec's ICD strategy...
9. Forcepoint Platform Initiative: Forcepoint has unveiled the Forcepoint Converged Security Platform, which enables secure migration of data, applications, and business operations to the cloud, the company claims.
8. SonicWall Platform Expansion: SonicWall has unveiled several products and services to safeguard wireless networks, cloud apps and endpoints.
7. Multi-Cloud SOC Services: JASK has introduced multi-cloud visibility and workload monitoring features for its SIEM platform. SIEM. The enhanced capabilities include advanced analytics expressly designed to process the constantly changing, high-volume data unique to AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud environments. JASK will demonstrate these capabilities at RSA Conference in San Francisco, March 4-8, 2019.
6. MSSPs & Palo Alto Networks: Five MSSPs have vowed to support Palo Alto Networks' new Cortex technology. The MSSP partner lineup so far includes BDO, CriticalStart, On2IT, PwC and Trustwave.
5. MSSP Uncovers Government Attack: The Bangladesh Embassy Website in Cairo is compromised, according to Trustwave's SpiderLabs research. Trustwave is a Top 100 MSSP.
4. MSSPs & Graphus: A growing number of VARs, MSPs and MSSPs are embracing Graphus to protect their own businesses from zero-day attacks, the cybersecurity company claims.
2. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.
1. RSA Conference News: The conference starts March 4 in San Francisco. Our news coverage starts later today. Track all MSSP-related RSA Conference 2019 News right here.