Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, May 29.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cyber Insurance - MSP Audit Tool: RapidFire Tools Inc., a Kaseya company, has launched Audit Guru for Cyber Insurance. The tool claims to help MSPs to assist small businesses with cyber insurance audits.
2. Cloud Traffic Inspection - MSSP: Kudelski Security, the cybersecurity division within the Kudelski Group, has expanded its MSSP services to inspect cloud-based traffic and data. Currently available for Amazon Web Services (AWS), support for Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) will be available by mid-2019. This builds on OT and ICS managed security services that surfaced in May 2018.
3. Software Developer Fined: A small company that provides software for about 200 Vermont municipalities as well as the Vermont Tax Department will pay $30,000 as part of a cybersecurity settlement with the Vermont Attorney General’s Office, VTDigger reports.
4. Funding: AttackIQ, which specializes in continuous security validation, has raised $17.6 million in Series B funding led by Khosla Ventures and existing investors including Index Ventures, Salesforce Ventures and Telstra Ventures. This brings AttackIQ’s total funding to approximately $35 million.
5. Acquisitions: Palo Alto Networks apparently acquired Twistlock for cloud container security; and FireEye acquired Verodin to help partners measure customers' cybersecurity goals and associated gaps.
B. Cybersecurity & MSSP Partner Programs
1. Integration - MSP Software: ThreatLocker has integrated its endpoint security services with the ConnectWise platform. ThreatLocker develops Application Whitelisting technology -- which allows MSPs to control exactly what software runs on customer devices. Unlike antivirus, ThreatLocker blocks everything that is not explicitly trusted by the customer and their MSP, the company says.
2. Talent - Distribution: Ingram Micro has named Brian Verburg as the manager of its European Cyber Security Center of Excellence. Verburg previously was senior manager for managed security services at Verizon Enterprise Solutions, a Top 100 MSSP.
3. M&A - Distribution: Ingram Micro has acquired Abbakan, a French cybersecurity VAD (value-added distributor). The deal expands Ingram's network of system integrators and telecommunications companies across France, and reinforces Ingram's cyber push across EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa). Financial terms were not disclosed.
4. Updates Welcome: Got something to share? Send me your partner program updates – [email protected].
5. All Partner Programs: Visit the ChannelE2E Partner Programs Database to see and search through hundreds of partner programs.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.