Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, January 18, 2018:
7. More Meltdown, Spectre Problems: Servers with Intel's newer chips might reboot more often than normal because of problems with the patches issued to fix the so-called Spectre and Meltdown security flaws, according to Reuters. We'll share more thoughts soon.
6. Google SaaS Security: Google has launched G Suite Security Center, a unified security dashboard for the company's enterprise SaaS platform... We'll share more details soon.
5. Partner Program: Portnox, which specializes in network visibility, access control and device risk management solutions, has launched the Portnox Sphere partner program.
4. Partnership: VirtualArmour, a well-known MSP with security expertise, has inked a strategic sales partnership agreement with IT solutions consultancy Alacrinet. With six offices spanning the United States and one location in Puerto Rico, Alacrinet provides digital and cybersecurity consultancy services to such clientele as USDA, US Department of Energy, Activision and Uber.
3. Freemium: Action1 Corp., a cloud-based cybersecurity solution provider, has launched Action1 Endpoint Security Platform -- which is free to organizations with 100 or fewer endpoints under management.
1. Security Shakeout Coming: Ominous warning signs are emerging in the security market, where too many startups are chasing IPO dreams that won't likely come true, according to this report. Among the key metrics to note: Momentum Cyber, an advisory firm focused on cyber industry mergers and acquisitions, tracks 2,500 security companies today, almost double the number a few years ago. The firm’s co-founder, Eric McAlpine, estimates 300 cyber security startups launch every year, the report says. On a related note, CSO Online is tracking at least 200 cybersecurity startups that received funding in 2017...