Cyberattacks happen every day, and MSPs and MSSPs are positioned to be the defenders for end user organizations and also for individuals. It’s the service providers who can be the heroes here, by understanding how the dark side works and being the “Jedis” in the war against cybercrime.
That’s the message you’ll hear from Simon-David Williams, Star Wars fan and the CEO of Group ISM in Quebec, Canada. Williams’ company itself has survived a major cyberattack and helped take down the perpetrators. He has also helped organizations fight back in 37 additional major cybercrimes.
Williams will talk about this background during his keynote address at MSSP Alert Live, Oct. 9-11 in Washington, DC.
Then he will take you on a tour of the dark side, showing the audience techniques and tips for exploring the Dark Web without getting hurt. You won’t want to miss this presentation that will take you into a world where many of us are afraid to go without an experienced guide. You can register here for MSSP Alert Live.
Your Tour of the Dark Web
Here are a few of the takeaways you can expect during this tour of the Dark Web:
- You’ll get a view of ransomware attacks in process that are up on hacker sites as the criminals wait for their ransom
- You will gain an understanding of how to manage the risk for people that have exposed information (PII, passwords) on the Darkweb
- You will gain understanding on how to proceed in an active cybercrime to secure the people and the business
- You will learn best practices inside an active incident
- You will learn about the background of exploring the Dark Web, including the tools used and places to go.
Cybersecurity Trends, Technologies and Best Practices
Simon-David Williams’ keynote is just one of many presentations at MSSP Alert Live that is designed to help MSPs and MSSPs defend against cybercrime. This event will feature a number of presentations from experts about a host of topics for MSPs and MSSPs including the following:
- Specific ransomware attacks and how MSPs survived them
- Technologies to help service providers protect and defend their customer companies from attacks
- Market research and surveys about the state of cybersecurity in the MSSP and end user market
- How to create, package, and price vCISO services (virtual chief information security officer)
- Updates on the new JCDC CISA remote monitoring and management (RMM) plan.
Improving the Valuation of Your Service Provider Business
The conference will also feature sessions on important business topics for MSPs and MSSPs including:
- Trends in MSP/MSSP business valuations, and how to improve yours
- How to get top dollar for the sale of your company
- How to double your organization’s revenues
- Why it makes sense to pursue a vertical market specialization, and how to get started
- The service provider opportunity for AI
MSSP Alert Live will also feature networking opportunities for you to connect with your peers as well as the staff of the MSSP Alert and ChannelE2E sites.
For more information, check out MSSPAlertLive.com or just click here to register for the event. We look forward to seeing you in Washington DC, Oct. 9-11!