Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP, MSP and cybersecurity world.
Reaching Our Inbox:
Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected]
Today’s MSSP Alert Market News:
1. Cloud Identity Advancement: Cisco has unveiled new innovations within the Cisco Security Cloud "as part of its mission to simplify security." Cisco Identity Intelligence runs on top of customers' existing identity stores and provides unified visibility, as well as AI-driven analytics. Customers can discover their whole identity population, clean up vulnerable accounts, eliminate unused and risky privileges, detect behavior anomalies and block high-risk access attempts without ripping and replacing their current solutions, the company said.
2. Funding Round: IONIX, a specialist in attack surface management, has completed its $42 million A Round financing by securing $15 million in additional funding from Maor Investments along with participation from existing investors Hyperwise Ventures, Team8 and U.S. Venture Partners (USVP). Total funding to date is $50.3 million.
3. Identity Security Rollout: SailPoint Technologies, a specialist in enterprise identity security, has unveiled two sets of new offerings designed to give customers options as they build their identity program. The company is extending the family of SailPoint Identity Security Cloud offerings with a new Standard suite, giving customers three suite options. SailPoint has also introduced a set of new customer success offerings, arming customers with expert-led advice and guidance based on its depth of knowledge from implementing thousands of successful enterprise identity programs, the company said.
4. Threat and Risk Protection Release: Rapid7, a specialist in extended risk and threat detection, has brought to market its new Managed Digital Risk Protection (DRP) service for external threat monitoring and remediation to prevents attacks earlier in the threat life cycle. Customers can add the solution to Managed Threat Complete, Rapid7’s managed detection and response (MDR) service, for extended visibility and response support across their internal and external attack surfaces, the company said.
5. Funding Round: NinjaOne, an IT platform for endpoint management, security and visibility provider, has raised a $231.5 million Series C funding round led by ICONIQ Growth. Frank Slootman, chairman and CEO of Snowflake, and Amit Agarwal, president of Datadog, among others, also invested in the round.
6. Security Partnership: CrowdStrike has selected 22 startup companies for the inaugural Amazon Web Services (AWS) & CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Startup Accelerator for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Chosen from hundreds of applicants, the cohort will receive customized mentorship, technical expertise and partnership opportunities from the AWS Startup Loft Accelerator (SLA) program, with a potential to receive funding from the CrowdStrike Falcon Fund.
7. Malware Defense: ColorTokens, an enterprise microsegmentation company, has unveiled significant upgrades to Xshield, its flagship platform. The upgrades include expanded asset protection and reimagined approach to Zero Trust microsegmentation implementation. These advancements reinforce a commitment to providing IT and security leaders with breach-ready confidence by stopping the lateral spread of malware, the company said.
8. ChatGPT Risk Model Introduced: iboss, a specialist in cloud-delivered cybersecurity, has unveiled its new ChatGPT Risk Module, an addition to its Zero Trust Security Service Edge (SSE) solution. The ChatGPT Risk Module integrates into the iboss Zero Trust SSE platform for managing and securing AI-powered communication, providing organizations with the tools to harness the benefits of AI while mitigating inherent risks, the company said.