Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP, MSP and cybersecurity world.
Reaching Our Inbox:
Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected]
Today’s MSSP Alert Market News:
1. Security Partnership: Qualys, a provider of cloud-based IT, security and compliance solutions, announced that it is expanding its partnership with Orange Cyberdefense. Accordingly, Qualys' vulnerability management, detection and response (VMDR) will be included in Orange Cyberdefense's managed vulnerability intelligence service. The expanded collaboration will give global businesses the ability to leverage Orange Cyberdefense's managed service to improve vulnerability management activities and reduce cyber risk while enabling their customers to focus on their core business.
2. Cyber Resilience Council Add Experts: Commvault, a provider of cyber resilience and data protection solutions for hybrid cloud organizations, announced that cybersecurity experts across a host of industries, from security to public sector to technology, have joined the Commvault Cyber Resilience Council. Council members will advise Commvault on emerging security trends and cyber threats as well as highlight best-practices in cyber resilience, all of which can play a key role in shaping product development, defining partnership opportunities and guiding business strategies, the company said. The council is chaired by Melissa Hathaway, who served as a top cybersecurity advisor for two presidential administrations, worked extensively with international institutions like NATO and the World Bank.
3. Threat Management Partnership: NTT DATA, a digital business and IT services provider, and CYFIRMA, an external threat landscape management platform company, have announced global strategic partnership. The collaboration builds on NTT DATA's recently new global cybersecurity strategy and enhances the threat management capabilities of its cybersecurity services portfolio. Together, NTT DATA and CYFIRMA will provide a new approach to managing cybersecurity where government and businesses are equipped to shift their cyber defense strategies from reactive to predictive using real-time intelligence, the companies said.
4. AI Security Product Launch: HaystackID, a specialized eDiscovery services firm supporting law firms and corporate legal departments, announced the expansion of its Protect Analytics AI Suite of AI enabled services designed to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of identifying, analyzing and reporting on sensitive information within large, unstructured datasets. The enhanced suite, featuring Protect Analytics AI - Sensitive Data Identification, Protect Analytics AI - Entity Extraction, and Protect Analytics AI - Deploy, enhances incident responses, breach investigations and notification actions by "decreasing time to precision insight and action from weeks to days and days to hours," the company said.
5. Zero Trust Acquisition: Option3, a cybersecurity private equity specialist, has launched a zero trust cybersecurity platform in tandem with an agreement to acquire Onclave Networks. "Onclave is the first of a series of planned acquisitions already underway, that we expect will exceed $100 million this year," said Manish Thakur, Option3's managing partner. "Option3 is also talking to established companies that can contribute to building a platform of scale, capable of delivering both comprehensive zero trust capabilities and aligned professional consulting services."