Each morning MSSP Alert offers readers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, April 6, 2017:
5. Security Funding, Part I: Critical Informatics, which develops managed cybersecurity solutions, has raised $3.25 million in Series A funding. The company's platform targets midsize organizations in the government, healthcare and financial services sectors.
4. Security Funding, Part II: Armor, which focuses on cloud security, has secured $89 million in equity financing. Armor integrates threat intelligence, automated security orchestration and machine learning managed by a security operations center (SOC) to protect customer assets.
3. SMB Cybersecurity: Pending U.S. legislation, called the Main Street Cybersecurity Act, would require the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) to give simplified resources to small businesses that choose to use the institute's cybersecurity framework. The Hill offers details here.
2. Talent - Security: Skyhigh Networks, a cloud access security broker (CASB), has named Slawomir Ligier as SVP of engineering, Dheeraj Khanna as VP of technical operations, and Anand Ramanathan as VP of product management. The executives previously worked for Barracuda Networks, OneLogin and Proofpoint.
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Thursday, April 6 — quite a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day in mid-2017.