Each morning MSSP Alert offers readers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, March 30, 2017:
9. Distribution – Cloud Security: Cloud Distribution has agreed to distribute CrowdStrike Falcon, an endpoint security platform. Cloud Distribution is a value-added distributor focused on security, networking and storage solutions. The company positions itself as a “next-generation” distributor. We’re checking to see if or how the company potentially differs from Pax8, another cloud-centric distributor.
8. Backup Price Cuts: Vembu has slashed the price of its cloud storage and backup services.
7. Managed Security Services, Part I: Telstra will launch a suite of managed security services and two new cybersecurity centers in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia. The offerings will debut on July 19, according to ZDNet.
6. Managed Security Services, Part II: Vector Security, an integrator, has consolidated two of its businesses (National Accounts Division and Industry Retail Group) to operate under a single brand called Vector Security Networks. The division offers managed network services and physical security for multi-site businesses across North America. Areas of specialty include NOC monitoring, device management, PCI compliance, alarm management, loss prevention and video surveillance.
5. DDoS Mitigation: Radware, a provider of cyber security and application delivery solutions, has launching a managed DDoS protection service with integrated, unified protection across data centers and public cloud environments — including Amazon Web Services (AWS, available now) and Microsoft Azure (Q2 2017).
4. Identity and Access Management: ManageEngine has added two-factor authentication (2FA) support in ADManager Plus, its Active Directory (AD) management and reporting solution. Keep an eye on ManageEngine and sister company Zoho… Lots of synergies are emerging. We’ll share more details soon.
3. Partner Program – Security: Swivel Secure is expanding global partner program with concentrated efforts in North America. The UK-based company, founded in 2000, specializes in authentication.
2. Security Freeware: Comodo‘s Dome Shield, a DNS- and cloud-based web security offering, is now available free of charge. Dome Shield negates the need for on-premise web gateway hardware and serves as a first line of defense to protect enterprises, small businesses and individuals from web-borne threats, the company claims.
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Thursday, March 30 — quite a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day in mid-2017.