Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, April 20, 2017:
10. Security - Funding: Dome9, which specializes in cloud-based network security, identity and access management (IAM) and a compliance engine, has raised $16.5 million in Series C funding.
9. President Trump's Cybersecurity Policy?: President Trump vowed to unveil a national cybersecurity policy within 90 days of taking office. Well, April 18 marked 90 days... and...
8. Chief Cybersecurity Officer: Gov. Gina Raimondo has named Mike Steinmetz as Rhode Island's first cybersecurity officer. His job is to develop a statewide security strategy and be a homeland security adviser for the state, according to AP. Steinmetz has worked for utility provider National Grid's digital risk and security division.
7. Security Breaches - UK: Half of UK businesses suffered security breaches in 2016, according to new research. We'll analyze the data later today.
6. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield?: European regulators are waiting for a phone call from President Trump. The anticipated topic of discussion: Will the Trump administration honor Privacy Shield, a privacy mandate that essentially replaces Safe Harbor?
5. Security & MSPs: LockPath, a provider of governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) solutions, has launched Keylight Managed Services (KMS). The service provides customers with" expert GRC professionals to help manage administrative tasks associated with compliance, risk, vendor and incident management processes," the company says.
4. Security Breach: InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has notified guests of yet another security breach. This one involves a Payment Card Incident at IHG-Branded Franchise Hotel Locations in the Americas Region. The IHG breach involved more than 1,000 hotel locations...
3. Security - Insider Threats: ObserveIT Version 7.0, a major upgrade, proactively blocks risky, out-of-policy activities by insiders, the company asserts. The platform is designed to "ensure privileged users, vendors, consultants and business users do not act in negligent or malicious ways that put their businesses at risk," OberveIT says.
2. IoT Security: Malwarebytes (advanced malware prevention and remediation) now integrates with ForeScout Technologies (IoT security). Partners and customers gain " real-time threat visibility and remediation for both managed and unmanaged devices," the companies assert.
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Thursday, April 20 — quite a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day in mid-2017.