MDR (managed detection and response) business expansions and partnerships across the MSSP market continue to accelerate worldwide.
Here are five example MDR security business developments that we've tracked in recent days.
1. Alert Logic, Sungard AS Extend Partnership: Alert Logic has expanded its partnership with Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) to deliver MDR solutions to customers in North America and Europe, the companies indicated.
The move enables Sungard AS customers to leverage Alert Logic MDR capabilities to guard against known and unknown cyber threats. Sungard AS customers also can use Alert Logic MDR to monitor suspicious behaviors across their IT environments in real time.
2. IGXGlobal, Proficio Partner for MDR: IGXGlobal UK Limited, a technology systems integrator and subsidiary of IT consulting solutions provider ePlus, has announced an MDR pact with Proficio, a Top 250 MSSP.
IGXGlobal and Proficio are working together to provide an MDR service that promotes proactive threat identification and remediation, the companies noted. IGXGlobal customers can leverage the MDR service for security monitoring and alerting, threat detection and incident management from global managed security operations centers (SOCs).
3. Presidio Unveils MDR Service: Midmarket IT solutions provider Presidio has entered the MDR market. Presidio has introduced Presidio MDR, which offers a "new and significantly faster approach to threat mitigation efficiency and can detect a threat and automatically initiate protective action in seconds," the company asserted.
4. BlueVoyant Expands MDR With SentinelOne: Top 250 MSSP BlueVoyant has integrated SentinelOne endpoint detection and response (EDR) capabilities into its portfolio. With the integration, BlueVoyant is leveraging SentinelOne's Singularity Complete Suite to deliver an MDR service, the companies stated.
5. eSentire and Telarus Extend Partnership: eSentire has expanded its partnership with Telarus from North America to Europe. Indeed, Telarus will bring eSentire’s MDR and Cyber Investigations Services to its digital strategists across the UK, Europe, and APAC, the companies said.
6. Huntress Adds Managed Antivirus Capabilities to MDR Service: Huntress has incorporated a managed antivirus service into its MDR platform. The company also has security analysts in the United States, UK and Australia to deliver threat hunting capabilities.
Research indicates the global MDR market was worth approximately $974.9 million in 2020. In addition, this market is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 28 percent and could be worth nearly $7.3 billion by 2028.
MDR Security Global Market Forecast
The partner activity is easily explained. Indeed, the global MDR solutions market is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 16.4 percent between 2020 and 2024, with revenues expected to reach $1.9 billion by 2024, according to Frost & Sullivan.