N-able, a remote monitoring and management solution provider, has launched a new managed threat monitoring, hunting and response service tailored for managed service providers (MSPs) that have standardized on its endpoint detection and response (EDR) platform.
The service, powered by security provider SentinelOne’s Vigilance Respond, is meant as a supplement to N-able’s EDR practice. The company’s Managed EDR enlists SentinelOne’s 24x7 security operations center (SOC) and Vigilance security experts to monitor, review and act upon every product-identified threat that puts an organization’s network at risk.
How N-able Supports MSP Partners
For MSPs that have standardized on N-able EDR, Managed EDR acts as an extension of their IT or SOC teams, with security analysts available 24/7/365. According to N-able, Managed EDR supports its MSP partners by:
- Accelerating the investigation and resolution of threat events detected by EDR (powered by SentinelOne)
- Monitoring your endpoints 24×7 and take immediate mitigation actions, as needed, no matter where located worldwide
- Reviewing, analyzing, and documenting every identified threat event, to have visibility to the network at any time
- Proactively notifying you of malicious or suspicious activities and escalate only urgent issues
- Hunting for threats on an ongoing basis using EDR’s threat hunting capabilities (for N-able partners who have this advanced feature enabled)
Closing the Cyber Skills Gap
N-able believes that its managed EDR service also can help close the cybersecurity skills gap, estimated at 3.4 million qualified people needed to fill open jobs worldwide. Along those lines, N-able said that Managed EDR will allow its partners to:
- Scale their security operations backed by an enterprise grade SOC
- Augment their current security team with native EDR technology and expertise to help navigate the challenges of hiring and retaining talent
- Allow MSPs to minimize time-consuming staff efforts and divert the costs of building a new technology stack, while providing the opportunity to add net new capabilities including advanced security services revenue
“Managed EDR can help bridge the current security skills gap we are facing, providing elite security experts as an extension to an existing security team," said Troels Rasmussen, N-able general manager of security products. “It also provides global, 24x7 peace of mind by offloading day-to-day operations, allowing teams to focus on more strategic initiatives.”