Nuspire, a Top 100 MSSP for 2018, has introduced a managed detection and response (MDR) solution that includes endpoint detection and response (EDR), network detection and response (NDR) and device threat detection and response (XDR) services, according to a prepared statement.
Nuspire MDR captures data from endpoints, network sensors and other equipment, the company said. It then sends this information to Nuspire security analysts who can identify and resolve network breaches.
Also, Nuspire MDR offers a variety of security features, including:
- Event logging and alerting.
- Ongoing log reviews.
- Online reporting.
- Security information and event management (SIEM) platform and events monitoring.
- Threat intelligence monitoring.
Organizations can use Nuspire MDR to detect and protect against malicious threats, the company said. They also can leverage Nuspire MDR to see current and past security threats and cases and use these insights to determine the best ways to prevent future cyberattacks.
What Does the MDR Solution Mean for Nuspire?
Nuspire MDR could help the company keep pace with the rising demand for MDR solutions.
Global MDR market revenues are projected to grow from $419.7 million in 2017 to $1.7 billion by 2022, according to industry analyst Reportlinker. The need to comply with data security mandates and increasing prevalence and severity of cyberattacks are among the factors that could accelerate global MDR market revenue growth.
MSSPs Embrace the MDR Market
In addition to Nuspire, the following MSSPs recently have integrated MDR services into their portfolios:
- ControlScan: ControlScan, a Top 100 MSSP that offers network and payment card security solutions, last month unveiled MDR services for businesses using Microsoft Office 365.
- Blackpoint Cyber: Blackpoint Cyber, a Maryland company that specializes in security operations and incident response, in October announced an MDR service built on its Secure Network Analysis Platform (SNAP).
- Bell Techlogix: Bell Techlogix, an MSP that offers digital workspace and infrastructure solutions, in August launched MDR and vulnerability management services.
MDR services empower organizations with turnkey threat monitoring, detection and response capabilities, technology research firm Gartner indicated. They also help organizations quickly identify and address security gaps.
Many MSSPs are adding MDR services to their portfolios, Gartner stated. Furthermore, this trend likely will continue in the foreseeable future.