OPSWAT, a California company that provides antivirus and vulnerability detection solutions, has unveiled MetaAccess, a cloud security solution that prevents non-compliant endpoints on PCs and mobile devices from accessing data in software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
With MetaAccess, IT administrators can monitor an organization's security posture and restrict access to any SaaS or cloud application based on individual device status, according to a prepared statement. This helps IT admins ensure that "the right devices get access to the right resources at the right times for the right reasons," OPSWAT said.
MetaAccess maps and continually monitors a network to give IT admins constant insights into its layout and connectivity or vulnerabilities, OPSWAT stated. If devices fall out of compliance, MetaAccess ensures these devices are blocked immediately and generates a notification that is sent to IT admins.
In addition, MetaAccess offers configurable endpoint posture and assessment checks, including:
- Advanced Infection Detection: Uses multiple anti-malware engines to detect infected endpoints.
- Anti-Malware Compliance: Verifies anti-malware apps are installed and active.
- Disk Encryption Detection: Leverages encryption detection technology to monitor hard drive and storage encryption and report if a system volume is not encrypted by an approved app.
- User Authentication: Determines whether adequate user authentication and lock screen timeouts are set to minimize the risk of data theft.
MetaAccess also supports a variety of operating systems, such as:
MetaAccess is generally available and can be licensed on a subscription basis.
OPSWAT: Here's What You Need to Know
Launched in 2002, OPSWAT provides cybersecurity solutions to help organizations identify, detect and remediate security threats from data and devices coming into and out of their networks.
OPSWAT today provides cybersecurity support in the following areas:
- Cloud access control.
- Data sanitization (content disarm and reconstruction).
- Device compliance.
- Vulnerability detection.
More than 1,000 organizations leverage OPSWAT solutions for secure file transfer and data flow, according to the company.
Also, OPSWAT offers a channel partner program for distributors, systems integrators and value-added resellers (VARs). This program provides partners with access to dedicated marketing, sales and technical resources to help these businesses differentiate their cybersecurity offerings, OPSWAT indicated.