IT security and compliance platform provider Qualys has unveiled its GovCloud platform, which meets "the stringent cybersecurity assurance requirements of FedRAMP at the High impact level," according to the company.
The High certification level represents "the most stringent with 421 security and risk management controls," Qualys stated.
Federal agencies can use GovCloud to develop and launch cybersecurity programs, Qualys noted. GovCloud includes security and compliance solutions to address Executive Orders. It also aligns with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53 v5 standards relating to security and privacy controls for information systems and organizations.
What GovCloud Offers
GovCloud's features include:
- Cybersecurity Asset Management with External Attack Surface Management identifies assets across a federal agency's inventory and classifies all known and unknown assets with security context.
- Vulnerability Management Detection and Response assesses, prioritizes and remediates vulnerabilities based on Qualys' TruRisk risk score criteria.
- Configuration and Policy Compliance allows federal agencies to assess their configuration posture against Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) guidelines and perform auditing and reporting in accordance with various standards.
- File Integrity Monitoring detects and notifies end-users about unauthorized changes to software firmware and information in alignment with the NIST SI-7 requirement.
- Container Security discovers, tracks and secures containers from build to runtime.
GovCloud will be generally available in late February 2023.
Qualys Boosts Its Revenues in Q3 2022
The GovCloud announcement comes after Qualys reported revenues of $125.6 million in the third quarter of 2022, which represented 20% year-over-year growth. Qualys also recorded increases in its operating income, gross profit and adjusted EBITDA during this time frame.
Previously, Qualys in October 2022 acquired agentless cloud security company Blue Hexagon for an undisclosed sum. Qualys has integrated Blue Hexagon's artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities into the Qualys Cloud Platform.
Qualys provides security, compliance and IT solutions to more than 10,000 subscription customers globally. The company offers a partner program that allows MSSPs to leverage the Qualys Cloud Platform to deliver vulnerability assessment services.