Rank Software, an artificial intelligence-based security analytics and threat intelligence company, has unveiled multi-tenant capabilities for its Virtual Advisor to Security Analysts (VASA) threat detection platform at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, California.
VASA's multi-tenant capabilities ensure MSSPs can use the platform to simultaneously scale and manage real-time threat hunting activities for multiple customers, according to Rank. They also help MSSPs streamline their security reporting and quickly identify and address cyberattacks across all of their customers.
In addition, Rank is working with various MSSPs to deliver VASA's multi-tenant capabilities, including:
- Happiest Minds: Provides big data, mobility and security services.
- Intellium: Offers managed cloud hosting.
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech: Serves as a global technology consulting and digital solutions company.
- Scalar: Delivers security, infrastructure and cloud solutions.
VASA's multi-tenant capabilities are expected to be available by the end of June.
What Is VASA?
VASA leverages AI, behavioral analytics and machine learning to help security analysts assess data, understand risk and address cyber threats. In doing so, it provides a central point for MSSPs to manage content for all of their customers.
Furthermore, VASA's features include:
- Active Learning: Helps security analysts detect anomalies, assess anomalies against baseline behaviors of similar groups of employees and identify false positives.
- Integrations: Ingests system network traffic, as well as data from log management systems, malware sandboxes and other sources.
- Threat Hunting: Empowers security analysts to investigate and act on cyber threats in real-time.
VASA can be deployed in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments. It also can be set up in as little as four hours, Rank stated.
How Does Rank Partner with MSSPs?
MSSPs can join the Rank partner program to integrate VASA threat hunting capabilities into their managed security information and event management (SIEM) offerings. That way, MSSPs can deliver VASA threat hunting-as-a-service to their customers.
Scalar, for one, joined the Rank partner program in January 2019. The companies together are creating security operations centers (SOCs) to deliver VASA threat hunting-as-a-service.
Multi-Tenant Security Platforms for MSPs
Multi-tenant security platforms for MSPs aren't necessarily new. Companies such as Webroot and Sophos (among others) were early to the trend. Fast forward to this week's RSA Conference, and a growing list of companies -- including Rank Software -- have finally introduced multi-tenant capabilities.