In doing so, Skyhigh lets organizations use its SSE portfolio to protect their data and stop threats in the cloud across their websites, SaaS applications, infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) environments and shadow IT from a single, cloud-native enforcement point, the company said in a prepared statement.
Identifying and Evaluating Generative AI Security Risks
Skyhigh provides organizations with several capabilities to help them use generative AI apps without compromising their security, such as:
- Visibility into the AI applications that are in use and their corresponding risk levels, which provides organizations with insights into usage trends and helps them identify the best ways to secure their data.
- Control over the amount of data uploads/in posts to reduce the risk of data leakage.
- Flexibility in giving access to AI applications, as organizations can block complete access to AI apps for all users or block just risky/specific AI apps.
- Security awareness coaching to teach users about the risks of utilizing AI apps.
- Automatic deletion of conversation history within AI applications to ensure that corporate data cannot be used to train a system.
Skyhigh Chief Product Officer Anand Ramanathan commented on how his company is helping organizations secure their data while they use generative AI technologies:
"Securing corporate data in SaaS applications, like ChatGPT and other generative AI applications, is what Skyhigh Security was built to do... Through the Skyhigh SSE portfolio, organizations already enjoy granular visibility and control of these apps, protect sensitive data and meet compliance regulations such as PCI DSS, HIPAA and GDPR, all in one comprehensive solution. We ensure our customers have the appropriate guardrails in place."
Skyhigh Security Updates Security Service Edge Portfolio
Along with announcing its generative AI security capabilities, Skyhigh in April 2023 unveiled several new capabilities for its SSE portfolio, including:
- Exact Data Match (EDM), which utilizes content-match criteria with a single data loss prevention (DLP) classification to prevent data leakage or theft.
- Unified Data Protection of Microsoft 365, which provides unified data protection of documents and files that contain Microsoft Purview Information Protection labels for Microsoft 365 across Skyhigh Secure Web Gateway (SWG) and Skyhigh Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB).
- Remote Browser Isolation (RBI) for Skyhigh CASB and Skyhigh Private Access, which uses DLP and real-time telemetry from over 1 billion sensors to stop unknown threats from reaching endpoints.
- Next-Generation Skyhigh Policy Builder, which allows network administrators to establish and maintain policies, configure rules and rule sets, create and manage custom rules and migrate SWG on-premise web policies to the SWG cloud.
Skyhigh's SSE portfolio enables organizations to "collaborate from any device and from anywhere without sacrificing security," the company said.
MSSPs, MSPs and other technology providers can join Skyhigh's Altitude Partner Program to integrate the company's SSE capabilities into their offerings.