SonicWall has deepened its feature set for managed security service partners (MSSPs) with a new suite of enhancements to its cloud platform and a pay-as-you-go monthly payment model.
Here’s the big picture. SonicWall’s Cloud Capture Platform aims to help MSSPs manage accounts, register products, control licensing and provide real-time, per-user threat analytics. The new suite of improvements are designed to enable MSSPs to eliminate the daily complexity of operations through simplified account oversight, visibility and management of cybersecurity ecosystems, officials said.
- My Workspace is SonicWall’s management dashboard purpose-built for MSSPs and accessible via a single sign-on into SonicWall’s Capture Security Center. The resource is designed to help MSSPs quickly onboard customers, set up and manage multiple tenants, and provision role-based access control to manage all manner of customer environments.
- Global Management System (GMS) 9.2 allows allows MSSPs to deploy and manage SonicWall firewalls, wireless security, secure email and remote users. GMS, which integrates with ConnectWise’s Manager tool, provides organizations with single-portal access to automate support ticketing, system alerts and failover, and asset synchronization.
- SonicWall Analytics provides MSSPs with view of their customers' network traffic and ability to monitor customer-specific risk levels with custom, brandable reporting.
- SonicWall is currently piloting a pay-as-you-go model for its Capture Client and Cloud App Security products. SonicWall said it will broaden the program in 2020 for qualified MSSPs to a wider range of products and services.
About the expanded offerings from SonicWall: "Our growing SonicWall team continues to work with some of the world's largest partners and distributors to provide proven managed security services that simplifies the daunting task of thoroughly protecting what cybercriminals seek to take,” said Bill Conner, SonicWall president and chief executive. “As we move into the new year, we look forward to working with the more than 20,000 SonicWall partners worldwide that are changing the way organizations defend themselves today."
What’s important to MSSPs about the new features:
- Single vendor. “Finding a single vendor that can help reduce the complexity of multiple vendors is top of mind when you’re already worrying about other crucial priorities, such as compliance, bandwidth, budget and more,” said Michael Crean, Solutions Granted chief executive.
- Simplify, reduce complexity. “As a managed security service provider, we are seeking to reduce the complexity of deploying comprehensive security solutions,” said Stuart Buckley, sales director of managed services for K3.
SonicWall: Investments, Partnerships
Meanwhile, SonicWall’s investment initiative has shifted into high gear with last month’s lead investment in Perimeter 81’s series A $10 million funding round. Perimeter 81 positions itself as a Zero Trust Secure Network and a service provider. With the deal, MSSPs are poised to gain new secure network services and Zero Trust capabilities that further disrupt traditional VPN (virtual private network) options.
Earlier in the month, SonicWall struck a deal with enterprise telcom services provider Etisalat Digital to handle its network security technology as part of its Business QuickStart broadband bundle for small and medium-sized businesses. That followed forging a new partnership with ADT Cybersecurity, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, to deliver a managed cybersecurity solution to SMBs.