Cynet, an autonomous breach protection platform provider, has secured $18 million in Series B funding. Key investors include telecommunications company Deutsche Telekom -- which has an MSSP (managed security services provider) arm. The Series B funding brings Cynet's total financing to date to $38 million, according to a prepared statement.
The Series B funding will fuel Cynet's growth in the U.S. and international markets, the company stated. In addition, Telekom Security, the MSSP and cybersecurity unit of Deutsche Telekom, will leverage Cynet technology to deliver protect small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) customers.
Cynet offers Cynet 360, an autonomous breach protection platform that delivers multiple breach protection capabilities via a single interface, the company said. Cynet 360's capabilities include:
- Monitoring and Control: Automates visibility tasks that are necessary to maintain IT hygiene and reduce an organization's attack surface.
- Prevention and Detection: Offers next-generation antivirus, endpoint detection and response (EDR), network analytics and deception and user behavioral analytics.
- Response Orchestration: Performs remediation actions to address infected hosts, malicious files, attacker-controlled network traffic and compromised user accounts.
Cynet 360 also is supported by CyOps, Cynet's security operations center (SOC) team of threat researchers and security analysts. CyOps helps Cynet customers conduct security investigations, hunt for cyber threats, analyze malware and generate cyberattack reports, the company noted.
How Does Cynet Support Channel Partners?
The Cynet channel partner program enables MSPs and MSSPs to use Cynet 360 to provide autonomous breach protection services. Cynet partners can access a variety of enablement tools and resources, including:
- Marketing collateral
- Technical support across deployment, management and maintenance
- Partner portal with sales and technical training
Furthermore, Cynet partners can deploy Cynet 360 across up to 5,000 endpoints in one hour, according to the company.