British MSSP Tiberium has launched Frost and Mythic -- two managed security services that leverage the Microsoft Azure Sentinel security information and event management (SIEM) platform and Defender cybersecurity solution, respectively. Frost and Mythic are now available as part of Tiberium's Cyber Defence Centre.
Frost offers threat detection, response and remediation capabilities, according to Tiberium. It can help organizations identify and prevent a wide range of threats, including:
- Data exfiltration
- Phishing attacks
- Ransomware and/or malware
- Privileged account escalation
- Suspicious software use and/or user activity
Mythic combines Frost's capabilities with Tiberium's security analysts and threat hunters, the company stated. It is offered as a fully managed or hybrid service and helps organizations automatically address threats.
Cyber Defence Centre provides Microsoft Azure and Office 365 cloud-native threat detection and alerting, according to Tiberium. It offers threat intelligence feeds and analytics and automated remediation of cyberattacks.
In addition, Cyber Defence Centre enables organizations to work with Tiberium's security analysts and threat hunters to develop cybersecurity playbooks, the company indicated. It also helps organizations comply with cybersecurity reporting requirements.
Multiple MSSPs Embrace Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Defender
MSSPs are increasingly integrating Microsoft Azure Sentinel and Defender capabilities into their portfolios, and this trend appears likely to continue in the foreseeable future.
Along with Tiberium, other cybersecurity companies to recently introduce Azure Sentinel and Defender offerings include:
- BlueVoyant: Released Modern Security Operations Center (SOC), an SOC-as-a-service (SOCaaS) offering powered by Azure Sentinel
- Mimecast: Added its Email Security solution for Azure Sentinel to the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
- CI Security: Integrated Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) capabilities into its Critical Insight endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution
- Red Canary: Launched Red Canary Managed Detection and Response (MDR) for Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (MDATP)
Azure Sentinel uses artificial intelligence to help organizations analyze security data and identify and stop cyberattacks, according to Microsoft. Meanwhile, Defender delivers ongoing and real-time cyber protection.
Microsoft Azure Sentinel vs Google Chronicle
In some ways, Azure Sentinel appears to be on a collision course with Google Chronicle. The Google security offering is designed for MSSPs and end-customers to "store and continuously analyze petabytes of security telemetry at a fixed price with zero management headache," the search giant asserts.