Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partnership - MSSP and Open XDR: True Digital Security, an MSSP with offices in Oklahoma, Florida, and New York, has embraced Stellar Cyber's Open XDR platform. Along with managed services, True Digital Security offers PEN testing and Governance, Risk and Compliance services. The MSSP serves such vertical markets as energy, healthcare, technology and financial services. True Digital Security has roughly a decade of SIEM experience, and ultimately switched to Stellar Cyber to gain automated automatic correlation and analysis of inbound data, the MSSP indicated.
2. Ransomware Attacks Toronto Transit Commission (TTC): A ransomware attack hit TTC on October 28 and spread on October 29, according to CBC Radio Canada. However, public transportation services have remained online. The TTC provides public transit service for up to 1.7 million people per weekday in Toronto and surrounding municipalities, the report said.=
3. Alleged Cyber Criminals Targeted: Law enforcement officials have targeted 12 individuals who are allegedly involved in ransomware attacks against critical infrastructure...
4. Distribution - Network Security: Exclusive Networks and Juniper Networks have inked a worldwide distribution agreement. The deal builds on existing regional agreements in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) and APAC (Asia Pacific). The expanded relationship is designed to help partners "maximize enterprise opportunities for Juniper’s AI-driven networking, cloud and connected security solutions," the two companies said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- AT&T Security Conference (November 3, Virtual)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar