Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A - Email Security: Private equity firm Permira plans to acquire Mimecast for roughly $5.8 billion, though rival bids for the email security company could emerge...
2. Funding - Email Security: IronScales has raised $64 million in a Series C funding round led by PSG, with participation from existing investors K1 Investment Management and Jump Capital.
4. MSSP Expands: Tech Advisors, a cybersecurity firm and technology solution provider, has expanded its geographic footprint with the opening of a location in Lantana, Florida.
5. MSSP - Vulnerability Assessments: Trustwave has been accredited by CREST for its vulnerability assessment services. Trustwave also has accreditations in place for Intelligence-Led Penetration Testing (STAR), Penetration Testing (PEN TEST), and STAR-FS Intelligence-Led Penetration Testing.
6. Penetration Testing Tool for Azure: XM Cyber has launched XMGoat, an open source penetration testing tool for Microsoft Azure cloud services...
7. Application Security Testing: Oxeye, has announced a new Cloud Native Application Security Testing Platform (CNAST). The new platform identifies code vulnerabilities and open-source vulnerabilities to help users address accurate remediation.
8. Application Identity and Authorization: Cloudentity has launched a SaaS-based version of its platform. The platform provides an "automated way to manage authorization policies across application programming interfaces (APIs) and data.," Cloudentity asserted.
9. Talent - Zero Trust Network Access: Banyan Security has hired Adobe and Cisco Systems veteran Den Jones as the company’s first-ever chief security officer.
10. Email Security: Barracuda has introduce three new email protection plans for customers and partners. They include:
- Advanced: Email gateway defense, impersonation and phishing protection, and automated remediation.
- Premium: Everything in Advanced plus incident response, domain fraud protection, and DNS filtering.
- Premium Plus: Everything in Premium plus data protection, archiving, and user security awareness training. =
11. Threat Intelligence: Palo Alto Networks' latest moves are described here.
12. U.S. Hacking Offensive: Cyber Command, the U.S. military's hacking unit, has taken offensive action to disrupt cybercriminal groups that have launched ransomware attacks on US companies, CNN reported.
13. Maryland Health Department Cyberattack: A cyberattack took Maryland’s health department offline this weekend, as officials worked to assess the extent of the intrusion, The Washington Post reported.
. B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Channel Chief - Extended Security Posture Management: Cymulate has hired Wendy Hoey as VP of alliances for the Americas. She will lead the company in "forming new strategic partnerships and to grow the company’s channel alliances," Cymulate said.
2. Integration - Email Security and XDR: Mimecast now integrates with Secureworks Taegis XDR. The integration is engineered to "provide actionable insights and a single console for investigating and rapidly responding in an automated fashion," the two companies said.