Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. SEC Probes SolarWinds Hack: An SEC investigation into the SolarWinds Russian hacking operation has dozens of corporate executives fearful information unearthed in the expanding probe may expose them to liability and may also reveal additional unrelated data breaches, Reuters reports.
2. Hacker Discloses FortiGate SLL-0VPN Credentials: Fortinet has become aware that a malicious actor has recently disclosed SSL-VPN access information to 87,000 FortiGate SSL-VPN devices, the security company says.
3. CMMC Consulting: Redspin, a division of CynergisTek, has signed nearly $400,000 in new client agreements to deliver Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) services. Redspin is a Third Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) -- meaning that the company can assist U.S. federal government contractors with CMMC compliance initiatives.
5. Risk Management - Commercial Insurance: Corvus Insurance has unveiled a Risk Aggregation Platform. The result: Reinsurers and program managers gain access to insurance metrics, aggregate exposure data, ransomware scores and information regarding emerging threats, the company says.
7. Talent - Cloud SIEM, SOAR & DevSecOps: Armory COO Margaret Francis has joined Sumo Logic's board of directors as an independent board member to help Sumo Logic further serve the burgeoning DevSecOps market opportunity, the company says.
8. Talent - Network Detection and Response: Corelight has hired Malwarebytes and Symantec veteran Clint Sand as senior vice president of product. Sand is responsible for all aspects of the Corelight product portfolio, including product management, product design, roadmap, and strategy, the company says.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
2. Integration - Microsoft 365 Security: BlackBerry haas enhanced the BlackBerry Unified Endpoint Manager (UEM) integration for Microsoft 365. The result: BlackBerry UEM and Microsoft 365 customers can now leverage BlackBerry's authentication in the cloud, in addition to on-premises environments. Furthermore, the integration between BlackBerry UEM and Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) has been enhanced to provide secure authentication and conditional access, the company says.
3. Integration - Healthcare IT Security: Medigate and CrowdStrike have partnered to provide healthcare delivery organizations (HDOs) with a consolidated view of threat activity, and an incident response capability spanning all connected assets, the two security companies say.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Championship Security Summit (September 13 and 17, Napa, California)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- Sumo Logic Illuminate 2021 User Conference (September 28-29, Virtual)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar