Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Partnership - Security Operations Center (SOC): Frankfurt, Germany-based QGroup GmbH is leveraging QuoLab Technologies to enhance the development of its own SOC operational platform, the companies say.
4. Security Certification: A new version of CompTIA Security+, a professional certification for the validation of core cybersecurity skills, is now available.
5. Channel Chief - Insider Risk Detection and Response: Code42 is revamping and formalizing its channel program with a “channel-first” go-to-market strategy. Faraz Siraj, vice president of channel sales, is leading the effort.
6. Penetration Testing - Source Code Leaked?: Source code allegedly belonging to commercial penetration testing software provider Cobalt Strike has been published on GitHub, potentially providing a new path for hackers to attack companies, Silicon Angle reports.
7. Ransomware Attacks Target Israel: Two recent ransomware waves that targeted Israeli companies have been traced back to Iranian threat actors, ZDnet reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar