Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Education: Baltimore Cyber Range has begun providing cybersecurity training to information technology personnel throughout Maryland state government. This initiative furthers Governor Larry Hogan's commitment to developing Maryland's internal ability to address cybersecurity threats.
2. MSSP Partnerships Expanded: Fortinet announced five new managed security service providers (MSSP) have adopted Fortinet Secure SD-WAN. B.Online, Cirion, ngena, PT&T, and Telefónica join a growing list of service providers utilizing Fortinet Secure SD-WAN as the foundation for new and differentiated connectivity services. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
4. Countries Partner Over Cyber Defense: Israel, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Morocco have held meetings to discuss setting up a common cyber defense platform amid heightened threats from Iranian hackers. (Source: I24 News)
4. New Cybersecurity Offering: Anomali, a security operations specialist, has debuted new capabilities to extend an organization’s visibility across their entire internal and external digital footprint with an integrated risk assessment that protects against potential attacks.
5. Cyber Insurance Product Launch: Safe Security Inc., a company focused on cyber risk quantification and management, has launched SafeInside Insurance. This is the first cybersecurity Managing General Agent (MGA) leveraging API-based cyber risk telemetry and quantified insights to underwrite cyber insurance, the company said.
6. Ransomware Report: Trend Micro has published a new report warning that the ransomware industry could be on the verge of a revolution that sees actors expand into other areas of cybercrime or partner with hostile governments and organized crime groups.
7. Public Sector Cybersecurity Research: Public sector organizations are more likely to struggle with leveraging data to detect and prevent threats than their private sector counterparts (63% to 49%), ultimately affecting their cybersecurity readiness, according to a survey commissioned by Splunk.