Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. M&A Assessment Tool for Security Posture: Bugcrowd has launched Bugcrowd M&A Assessment, a pre-packaged bundle that allows companies to test the security of M&A targets. The bundle combines remotely-deployed penetration testing with the asset discovery, alerting, attribution, prioritization, and management capabilities of the Bugcrowd platform. Organizations can initiate these tests in 72 hours or less, and access results in real-time, expediting an evidence-based evaluation of a merger target’s cybersecurity posture, Bugcrowd asserts.
3. Data Protection and Cybersecurity: Acronis has released Acronis True Image 2021. The new release integrates cybersecurity capabilities with personal backup to create a personal cyber protection solution for home users, prosumers, and small businesses.
4. Marriott Data Breach Lawsuit: Marriott is facing a London class action brought by millions of former guests demanding compensation after their personal records were hacked in one of the largest data breaches in history, Reuters reports.
5. Expansion: CyberCX of Australia launching in New Zealand to service enterprise and government customers in that country.