Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Mitigation - Security Awareness Training: KnowBe4 has launched a new, complimentary tool called the Browser Password Inspector to help better protect organizations from ransomware attacks, credential theft and account takeovers.
2. Partnership - Security Awareness Training: OpenText and NINJIO are partnering to promote security awareness training for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and managed service providers (MSPs). The partnership enhances the Webroot Security Awareness Training with Hollywood-style videos that feature updated COVID-19 content. The content encourages "resilient behavior such as identifying phishing emails and malicious URLs," the companies say.
3. SAP Application Security: Onapsis has released INSTANT RECON, a free online service and downloadable open source scanning tool to help organizations assess if their SAP applications are exposed and detect suspicious activity related to exploitation of the RECON vulnerability (CVE-2020-6287).
4. Talent - Enterprise Focus: Bitdefender has formed a dedicated Business Solutions Group, recruiting Steve Kelley as president and GM of the new business unit and Chris Brazdziunas as SVP of product and service engineering. The hires represent the company's increased focus on the enterprise security market, Bitdefender says. The Business Solutions Group executive team reports to CEO Florin Talpes.
5. Darktrace IPO: British cybersecurity company Darktrace is preparing to pick banks to spearhead a blockbuster flotation that could become a rare bright spot in a moribund London market for company listings, Sky News reports.
6. Ransomware Attacks Alabama Municipality: Chilton County officials hope to reopen various office services the week of July 27 after a closure caused by a ransomware attack, GovTech reports.
7. Blackbaud Pays Ransomware: Details are here.
9. Container Security: CloudPassage Halo has gained expanded container security capabilities for Docker and Kubernetes.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar