Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft Exchange Server & ProxyShell Cyberattacks: To protect customers, MSPs and MSSPs should patch these three Microsoft Exchange Server vulnerabilities, CISA alert says.
2. LockFile Ransomware: Symantec Enterprise says hackers have leveraged the the PetitPotam exploit to compromise Windows domain controllers and launched LockFile ransomware attacks against at least 10 organizations.
3. Cyberattacks Against Schools Climb: Cyberattacks and ransomware hits against the education sector continue to climb steadily, Check Point Research reports.
4. Hurricane Scams & Malware: Amid tropical storm Henri, the CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Association) is warning users to beware hurricane-related malware scams and "exercise caution in handling emails with hurricane-related subject lines, attachments, or hyperlinks."
5. XDR (Extended Detection and Response): Palo Alto Networks has introduced Cortex XDR 3.0. The upgrade features extended detection, monitoring and investigation capabilities for cloud environments, the cybersecurity company says.
6. Research - Business Email Compromise (BEC) Attacks: Hackers still favor email as their vector of choice and business email compromise (BEC) as their go-to tactic for infecting organizations worldwide, according to a 2021 Mid-Year Global Threat Report from Zix.
7. Report - U.S. Federal Cybersecurity Shows Progress: Here's the evidence from the U.S. Cyberspace Solarium Commission.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24, Virtual Event)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar