Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partner Program - Digital Risk Mitigation: Constella Intelligence has launched the Constella Connect Partner Program (CCPP) for MSSPs, MSPs and MDR service providers. Constella also launched a new domain monitoring solution, aptly called Constella Domain Monitoring. The service enables partners to monitor the dark web for leaked information relating to a domain and corporate employee identities, the company says.
2. Critical SOAR Security Bug: Palo Alto Networks has disclosed a critical vulnerability in the company's Cortex XSOAR platform.
3. Ransomware Attacks Tulsa, Oklahoma: Hackers have posted more than 18,000 city files and police citations on the dark web after launching a ransomware attack vs. the City of Tulsa, Oklahoma, the municipality has disclosed.
4. FBI's Ransomware Advice: FBI Director Chris Wray pleaded with public companies and other hacking victims to avoid paying ransom, saying he fears it will only embolden cyber criminals to ramp up future attacks, Reuters reports.
5. SMB Supply Chain Security Concerns: Nearly 10 percent of SMB defense contractors show evidence of compromise, according to BlueVoyant.
6. Funding - Zero Trust Segmentation: Illumio has raised $225 million in Series F funding at a $2.75 billion valuation. Thoma Bravo led the round. Participants included Hamilton Lane, and Owl Rock, a division of Blue Owl Capital.
7. Died: McAfee software founder John McAfee died by suicide in a Barcelona prison after the Spanish high court authorized his extradition to the United States on tax evasion charges, Reuters reports. The entrepreneur has not been associated with the security software company since 1994 or so.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar