Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. M&A Advisor - MSP Software & Security: Capstone Headwaters, an international investment banking firm, advised StratoZen on its recent sale to ConnectWise. Also, Strong and Hanni served as legal counsel to StratoZen.
2. Certification - Government Penetration Testing: The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has selected CompTIA PenTest+ as an approved certification for military personnel and defense contractors working in DoD information assurance roles.
4. Partnership - Government Identity and Access Management (IAM): BIO-key International and Prominic.NET have partnered to deploy BIO-key's PortalGuard IAM solution to a U.S. DoD agency. PortalGuard will provide enhanced user access security to the agency’s enterprise applications and data via secure smart card authentication. The agency's name was not disclosed.
6. Network Security Concerns: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has rejected a petition from ZTE asking the agency to reconsider its decision designating the Chinese company as a U.S. national security threat to communications networks, Reuters reports.
7. Home Depot Data Breach Fine: Home Depot, the largest U.S. home improvement retailer, reached a $17.5 million settlement to resolve a multi-state probe into a 2014 data breach where hackers accessed payment card data belonging to 40 million customers, Reuters reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar