Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. VMware vCenter Vulnerability: VMware disclosed that its vCenter Server is affected by an arbitrary file upload vulnerability—CVE-2021-22005—in the Analytics service. A malicious cyber actor with network access to port 443 can exploit this vulnerability to execute code on vCenter Server, the CISA reports.
2. ZLoader Disables Windows Defender: A ZLoader campaign, promoted through fake TeamViewer ads placed on Google Adwords, implements malware that disables all Microsoft Windows Defender modules, according to SentinelOne research.
3. Cybersecurity Spin-Out: Sicura has spun out of government contractor OnyxPoint, and received seed investment from venture capital firm Squadra. Sicura helps organizations to achieve and maintain compliance with various regulations.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Sumo Logic Illuminate 2021 User Conference (September 28-29, Virtual)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- Innovate 2021 Cybersecurity Summit (October 3-6, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar