Video Podcast: Fortinet SOAR Advice and Guidance for MSSPs and Security Minded MSPs
Fortinet's Stephan Tallent describes how security orchestration, automation & response (SOAR) can assist MSSPs & security operations centers (SOCs).
SOAR — short for security orchestration, automation and response — often means different things to different people in the cybersecurity market. But generally speaking, SOAR tools allow an organization to define incident analysis and response procedures in a digital workflow format, Gartner notes.
But how can SOAR specifically help MSSPs and security-minded MSPs? In this MSSP Alert video interview, we cover that question and more with Stephan Tallent, senior director of MSSP and service enablement at Fortinet — provider of the FortiSOAR platform.
Here’s the conversation:
- 0:00 – Introductions & role at Fortinet.
- 1:08 – An overview of SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response).
- 2:05 – Where SOAR fits in the overall MSSP market.
- 3:15 – Where Fortinet focuses in the SOAR and MSSP market.
- 4:23 – How Fortinet ensures SOAR integrates with all of the company’s security fabric products, as well as via third-parties via REST APIs.
- 4:53 – The Fortinet Partner Program – How Fortinet built the program and empowers MSSPs.
- 5:53 – First steps for partners that seeking more information from Fortinet
- 6:05 – Conclusion.
PS: Got questions for Stephan and the Fortinet team? Simply email [email protected].