Capgemini Acquires Leidos Cyber, Eyes North American Cybersecurity Growth
Capgemini, the French consulting, technology and digital transformation services provider, will acquire the cybersecurity arm of Fortune 500 company Leidos for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of the year.
The Leidos Cyber acquisition helps Capgemini — which has a Top 100 MSSP arm — meet the growing demand for its portfolio of cybersecurity services and solutions in North America, according to a prepared statement.
Leidos Cyber provides cybersecurity products and services to defend organizations, data and networks against outside attacks and insider threats. It offers a variety of managed security services, including:
- Device management.
- Incident response.
- Log monitoring and management.
- Managed detection and response (MDR).
- Security information and event management (SIEM).
- Security event monitoring.
- Vulnerability management.
In addition, Leidos Cyber provides the following unified enterprise defense platforms:
- Arena ATM: Delivers advanced threat monitoring capabilities for specialized threat detection and analysis.
- Arena ITI: Enables users to analyze insider threat intelligence based on cyber footprints and employee behavioral indicators to detect insider threats and prevent cyber incidents.
- Industrial Defender ASM: Helps users monitor, manage and protect industrial control system (ICS) assets.
- Palisade: Offers threat intelligence management and analyst workflow support.
Leidos Cyber offers cybersecurity products and services to Fortune 500 firms across multiple industries. It also has a team of nearly 500 cybersecurity professionals located primarily across North America.
Capgemini: Here’s What You Need to Know
Capgemini provides end-to-end advisory, protection and security monitoring services to help organizations identify and resolve cyberattacks. The company’s managed security services include:
- Application security.
- Identity and access management (IAM).
- Identity-as-a-service (IDaaS).
- Managed security operations center (SOC).
- Threat hunting.
Capgemini ranked 30 on MSSP Alert’s list of the Top 100 MSSPs for 2017 and was named a Niche Player in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for MSSPs. Going forward, the Leidos Cyber acquisition could help Capgemini capitalize on the rising demand for managed security services in North America.
The North American managed and professional security services market was worth approximately $7.2 billion in 2016, industry analyst Research and Markets stated. Furthermore, this sector is projected to post double-digit growth between 2016 and 2021.