Bitdefender Launches Threat-Hunting Managed Security Service for MSPs
Bitdefender has launched a new managed security service that provides continuous threat monitoring and response, intelligence-based threat hunting and elite security experts.
MDR Foundations provides managed detection and response (MDR) capabilities specifically tailored to MSPs and customer organizations with limited resources, the company said.
The service helps in-house security and IT teams:
- Overcome the cybersecurity skills gap
- Enable faster detection and threat elimination
- Reduce attacker dwell time
- Improve cyber resilience through streamlined security operations
Addressing Digital Transformation Challenges
MDR Foundations addresses security challenges presented by digital transformation and the shift towards cloud environments, Bitdefender explains. And it adds to the company’s existing portfolio of MDR Premium and MDR Enterprise offerings.
The service leverages the Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security Enterprise unified security platform, which incorporates:
- Risk assessment, hardening and prevention
- Endpoint detection and response
- Cross-endpoint threat correlation
- Extended detection and response (XDR) with sensors that go beyond the endpoint
Unlike many competing MDR offerings, which are simply managed anti-virus or managed EDR, MDR Foundations provides any size business a fully MDR security service, Bitdefender says.
24×7 Threat Monitoring and Beyond
MDR Foundations key benefits include:
- 24×7 threat monitoring, detection and response. MDR Foundations helps customers harden environments to help prevent breaches and then continuously monitors for and eliminates threats such as ransomware, zero-days, phishing attempts and more across endpoints, networks and cloud environments.
- Proactive human-led threat hunting. Bitdefender threat hunters actively seek and destroy advanced persistent threats (APTs) quietly residing in systems, investigate anomalous behavior from internal and outside sources (users and applications) and take into consideration each customer’s industry, technology environment, and most likely threat actors.
- Improved security operations. MDR Foundations improves defense and response to threats by enabling MSPs and customers to work side-by-side with Bitdefender security analysts. A dedicated MDR portal allows clients to connect and communicate with their Bitdefender team 24×7, view alerts, manage endpoints and take recommended actions to contain or eliminate threats, all from a single dashboard.
- Easy onboarding and service management. The MDR Foundations onboarding process is automated and straightforward. Most businesses up and running in less than a day. For MSP partners, Bitdefender offers the ability to onboard and manage multiple customers simultaneously.
Attacking the Evolving Threat Landscape
Daniel Clayton, vice president, global security operations and services at Bitdefender, explains the imperative for MDR Foundations:
“Cybercriminals and advanced cyberattacks are no longer confined to large organizations, as they were in the past. Today, businesses of all sizes are at risk of data theft, espionage, and crippling ransomware attacks. As the threat landscape continues to evolve, organizations with smaller budgets and smaller security teams are finding that protecting themselves and their end customers is increasingly challenging. MDR Foundations is a big step forward in innovating for this underserved market to even the playing field with a powerful ‘always-on’ detect and response service that combines award-winning technology with elite security experts that scales on-demand. Our newest MDR offering reflects our deep commitment to make every business more cyber resilient.”
How to Get MDR Foundations
MDR Foundations is available now through the Bitdefender MSP network and value-added resellers. Bitdefender offers flexible month-to-month and termed contracts depending on customer needs.