Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 14 April 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Product Launch: Interbit Data has brought to market the next generation of its Beacon platform. BeaconActive is an enterprise solution designed to assist hospitals and clinics address their operations during downtime and cyberattacks, including patient registration, care documentation and the capture of missing charges.
2. Leadership Move: Securonix has appointed Jerry Raphael as chief financial officer. Raphael will be responsible for growing and scaling Securonix’s global finance organization to help lead its next phase of growth and deepen the company’s commitment to driving incremental value for its customers and partners, the company said.
3. MSP Summit Exhibit: D3 Security announced that it will be exhibiting its new Smart SOAR technology at the 2023 Channel Futures MSP Summit in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Venetian Resort & Expo Convention Center, May 1-2. MSP Summit attendees will also be among the first to get a preview of D3 Security’s MSSP Client Portal, which gives MSSPs’ clients secure access to metrics, messages and investigation information.
4. Product Launch: StackHawk has debuted its gRPC support capability, ensuring security best practices are met across all APIs. The StackHawk platform allows developers to test their applications’ security by simulating real-world attacks and identifying vulnerabilities before they can be exploited.
5. Cybersecurity Partnership: ABS Wavesight, an ABS-affiliated software-as-a-service (SaaS) company, today announced an alliance with ActZero, a managed detection and response (MDR) service provider, to help safeguard fleets from the growing threat of cyberattacks. ABS Wavesight will enhance its software offering by teaming with ActZero to deliver operators 24/7 ransomware defense and response.
6. Product Launch: Qwiet AI has launched of a suite of targeted AppSec and DevSecOps services that help companies address their security function needs without sacrificing time and budget, the company said. The new services from Qwiet AI fall into two categories: time-sensitive services, such as code incident response and merger and acquisition assessments; and foundational services, such as threat modeling and pentesting.
7: Cyber Diplomat’s Message: U.S. allies and partners are increasingly seeking United State’s help in defending their own computer networks from foreign cyberattacks, Nathaniel Fick, the top U.S. diplomat on cyber and digital policy, said this week. “I’m not sure I have been any place in the world where there wasn’t demand for hunt-forward presence,” Fick, the ambassador-at-large heading the State Department’s Bureau of Cyberspace and Digital Policy, told reporters at an event hosted by the Project for Media and National Security. “There’s more demand for the capability globally than we can right now meet.” (Source: Roll Call)
8: Cyber Policy: The G20’s financial watchdog, the Financial Stability Board (FSB), this week recommended a blueprint for banks to report cyberattacks in a common format in a bid to speed up responses to hacking and limit the fallout on financial stability. The FSB, which comprises central banks, financial regulators and treasury officials from the G20 major economies, set out the recommendations following a public consultation. The recommendations seek to remove barriers to incident reporting and include an enhanced “cyber lexicon” to provide a wider range of common terms to increase convergence in reporting. (Source: Reuters)
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco, California)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)