Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 27 April 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Funding Boost: AaDya Security, a software company founded by cybersecurity veteran Raffaele Mautone, announced the close of a $5 million Series A funding round. Led by Mautone as AaDya’s CEO, the funding will enable the company to fill a key leadership position in finance and expand its sales team to accelerate the growth of its channel program for managed service providers, resellers and referral partners serving small and mid-size businesses.
2. Cyber Awards Program Launched: CyberGRX, a global risk exchange provider, has announced the winners of its inaugural Cyber Risk Nation Awards. The awards honor leaders who have taken control of their corporate third-party risk management programs, proving that it is possible to overcome the limitations of traditional risk management, the company said.
3. Industry Recognition: Laminar, a data security platform provider, announced that it has achieved two important milestones in its relationship with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Laminar was named an AWS Security Competency Partner in the category of Data Protection, and it’s DSPM solution received the Amazon Relational Database Service Ready Product designation.
4. Product Launch: ReasonLabs has launched Safer Web, a DNS filter that safeguards home users from data trackers, unwanted ads and ensures a safe browsing experience for the whole family. Safer Web uses a number of threat intelligence and behavior analysis technologies to block domains associated with malware and phishing, the company said.
5. Leadership Moves: Secureworks announced two leadership appointments: Alpana Wegner as chief financial officer and Allan Peters as its chief revenue officer. Both bring more than 20 years of business experience in their respective fields at public companies in the software and cybersecurity industries, Secureworks said.
6. Research from RSA 2023: Delinea announced the results of an anonymous onsite survey of more than 100 cybersecurity professionals attending the RSA Conference this week. Cloud security (39%) continues to be the most pressing concern for cybersecurity professionals, more than ransomware (16%) and remote workers (12%).
7: Industry Recognition: BlueVoyant has won the Security MSSP of the Year award in the Microsoft Security Excellence Awards 2023. The company’s achievements and track record have helped it rise to the top of the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors (ISVs) and MSSPs that have integrated their security products and services with Microsoft’s security technology, BlueVoyant stated.
8. Product Launch: Cipher Security, the cybersecurity division of the Prosegur Group, has launched xMDR, its managed suite of cybersecurity services. The modular platform xMDR features artificial intelligence and machine learning to expand coverage to all potential attack surfaces within corporate networks, the company said.
9. Malware Alert: The prolific Iranian nation-state group known as Charming Kitten is actively targeting multiple victims in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East and India with a novel malware dubbed BellaCiao. Discovered by Bitdefender Labs, BellaCiao is a “personalized dropper” that’s capable of delivering other malware payloads onto a victim’s machine, based on commands received from an actor-controlled server. (Source: The Hacker News)
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco, California)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)