Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Log4j Vulnerability – FTC Threatens Lawsuits: If you’re an MSP or MSSP that fails to fix Log4j vulnerabilities, you could face liability lawsuits, according to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
3. Talent – CISO and Health Technology: Hound Labs, a health technology company specializing in portable solutions, has hired Huntington Bank and NSA veteran Don Boian as chief information security officer (CISO).
4. Mobile Security Operations Center (SOC): CloudCover has launched CloudCover App (CC-App), which is positioned as a “portable security operation center (SOC) able to detect, analyze, respond to, report on, prevent and insure against cybersecurity threats for an organization on a real-time, incremental basis through Android, Windows or Apple smartphone,” the company said.
5. CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Compliance) Explained: For MSSPs working in the U.S. defense industry, here’s an update on CMMC compliance mandates, according to SC Media.
6. Kronos Ransomware Attack Fallout: A ransomware attack against payroll provider Kronos, disclosed in mid-December 2021, is affecting payroll services at some healthcare providers, SC Media reports.