Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 22 December 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. List – Log4j Vulnerability Scanners: Here’s a regularly updated list of Log4j vulnerability scanners that MSPs, MSSPs and threat hunters can use to find and mitigate the Log4j issue.
2. Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA): Beyond Identity has joined MISA, a Microsoft-led association that ensures security software integrations among ISVs and MSSPs. As part of the move, Beyond Identity now integrates with Microsoft Azure Active Directory Single Sign On.
3. BlackBerry Quarterly Financial Results: The cybersecurity and IoT software company released quarterly results for Q3 of fiscal 2022. Key metrics include:
- Revenue of $184 million, up from $175 million in Q3 of fiscal 2021.
- Net income of $74 million, compared to a $144 million loss in Q3 of fiscal 2021.
BlackBerry continues to push beyond its endpoint security roots. The company has been gaining momentum with MDR (managed detection and response) services, according to executives who spoke on the company’s quarterly earnings call.
4. Partnership – Managed Security Services: Overwatch Managed Security, owned by High Wire Networks, has introduced the Overwatch Open Prevention Suite (OPS) powered by ZTEdge, the Zero Trust Cloud Security Platform from Ericom Software.
5. Partnership – Offensive Security: Agora has partnered with Bishop Fox to promote attack surface management, exposure identification, continuous attack emulation, red teaming and overall cyber readiness.
6. Zero Trust – Executive Leadership: Keeper Security has hired Gerardo A. Dada as the company’s new chief marketing officer (CMO).