Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 25 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Ransomware Mitigation: Ricoh USA has announced RansomCare, a ransomware containment solution that “detects, identifies, contains and isolates ransomware outbreaks at the source, limiting their significant impact on data integrity, system downtime, company-wide productivity and overall operations,” Ricoh says. RansomCare is powered by BullWall.
2. Partnership – Threat Intelligence: Bitdefender and Recorded Future are partnering to enhance “both companies’ breadth and depth of threat intelligence to provide customers with increased visibility at the apex domain level (the top-level domain) and actionable insights to eliminate cyberthreats from environments.”
3. Partnership – Phishing Simulation: GuardSight, a Top 250 MSSP for 2020, has incorporated Phin Security into its service offering. This relationship expands the GuardSight offering by providing its customers with realistic phishing simulation, training modules, and learning moments, the MSSP says.
4. Integration – Identity Security and AWS: Sonrai Security has achieved AWS Security Competency status in Identity and Data Protection. Moreover, the Sonrai Dig platform provides out-of-the-box integration with AWS Control Tower and provides visibility into more than 150 AWS services.
5. Security Analytics: The Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform now offers new security analytics. Users can quickly access, filter, and visualize security data to strengthen an organization’s security posture, the company says.
6. Startup Fund – Automobiles & Cybersecurity: BlackBerry has launched the BlackBerry IVY Innovation Fund to “help data-driven automotive ecosystem providers turbocharge their innovation and bring new products and applications to market using BlackBerry’s Intelligent Vehicle Data Platform, BlackBerry IVY.
7. Firewall Appliance: SonicWall has unveiled the NSa 3700, a multi-gigabit security appliance designed to thwart attacks targeting government agencies, retail, K-12, higher education and enterprises, the company says. SonicWall= also introduced several product updates, including closed-network threat protection, next-generation analytics, enhanced cloud-native security management and a rebranded Wireless Network Manager.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar