IBM Unveils Cloud-Based Community Platform for Cybersecurity
IBM has unveiled IBM Security Connect, a cloud-based community platform that extends the capabilities of IBM’s security products.
IBM Security Connect includes applications and services that allow end users to connect to multiple security products or data repositories to unify their security data and leverage it to prioritize and respond to cyber threats, according to a prepared statement. It also provides users with machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities for cyber threat analysis and allows them to design and deploy custom security solutions.
What Does IBM Security Connect Offer?
Key features of IBM Security Connect include:
- Connected Collective Intelligence: Offers analytics from a global community of security practitioners.
- Pre-Integrated Apps: Allow users to create common workflows across multiple applications.
- IBM X-Force Security Services: Ensure access to offerings and expertise in X-Force Red Security Testing, Managed Security Services and Incident Response Services.
- Open Data Integration: Unites disconnected security systems and streamlines search across external data stores, threat intelligence and other cloud and on-premise security products.
- Services and Solutions: Enable users to move between applications and consume only the security capabilities they need.
IBM Security Connect is expected to be available during the first quarter of 2019. The platform will serve as the home of IBM’s current Security App Exchange and all IBM Security applications built on a platform powered by IBM Cloud, and it will be integrated into IBM Security Services offerings.
Introducing the IBM X-Force Command Cyber Tactical Operations Center
In addition to the IBM Security Connect announcement, IBM this week launched the X-Force Command Cyber Tactical Operations Center (C-TOC) mobile security operations center (SOC).
The C-TOC will promote cybersecurity education and awareness across the United States and Europe, according to IBM. It will travel to colleges, universities and cybersecurity industry events and deliver onsite cybersecurity training, preparedness and response.
IBM monitors 60 billion security events per day in more than 130 countries and has been granted more than 8,000 security patents worldwide. Furthermore, IBM Managed Security Services ranked first among the Top 100 MSSPs of 2018 and provides firewall management, vulnerability scanning and other managed security offerings.