VMware Zero Trust Effort Links Cloud Providers With Managed Security Services
VMware has introduced zero trust, application and other security upgrades to help its customers protect their containers, endpoints and virtual machines (VMs) against cyber threats, the software company said at its VMworld 2021 virtual conference.
Moreover, the effort involves new VMware steps to empower cloud provider partners with managed security services.
The security upgrades include:
- API Security: Consists of VMware Tanzu Service Mesh Advanced enhancements that allow developers and security teams to gain insights that they can use to understand when, where and how APIs are communicating with one another and protect them accordingly.
- Inline Cloud Access Server Broker (CASB) Service: Offers customers the ability to use VMware SASE to gain visibility and control over application access.
- Ransomware Protection: Ensures customers can use VMware vCenter server management software to activate the VMware Carbon Black Cloud endpoint protection platform to guard against ransomware attacks.
- Secure Workload Access: Provides cloud-to-cloud edge controls, micro-segmentation and other capabilities to help customers prevent unauthorized access to their workloads.
Also, VMware and Intel are working together to deliver a solution to secure edge environments starting from the silicon and extending to devices and apps, the companies stated. The joint solution will link the VMware Workspace ONE digital workspace platform and Intel vPro remote management platform and allow users to automate out-of-band maintenance that keeps PCs up to date on the latest security patches.
VMware Helps Its Cloud Provider Partners Deliver Managed Security Services
In addition to the aforementioned security upgrades, VMware has announced new capabilities that allow its Cloud Provider partners to deliver managed security services. These capabilities include:
- VMware Carbon Black Cloud
- VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery
- VMware SASE
- VMware NSX Distributed IDS/IPS
Cloud Provider partners can leverage these capabilities to deliver custom managed security services, VMware stated. They also can provide these services globally.
VMware offers the Connect and Technology Alliance Partner programs. MSSPs and other channel partners can join these programs to integrate VMware services into their portfolios and help their customers drive digital transformation and move to the cloud.