OpenText Emphasizes Managed XDR Services for MSSP, MSP Partners
Acording to St-Pierre, the MxDR service enables MSSPs and MSPs to deliver 24x7x365 managed threat detection and incident response services to their customers. The service, he indicated, supports:
- Behavioral analytics based on the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Security workflows that reduce alert and event noise by up to 97 percent
- Security coverage across endpoints, networks and cloud environments
The latest MxDR push comes after OpenText in November 2021 purchased Bricata, a network detection and response (NDR) solutions company. It also acquired Zix and AppRiver in November 2021 for email security, backup, disaster recovery and cloud services for MSPs.
The OpenText MDR services surfaced in October 2021. They include:
- OpenText MDR Service: This offering “pairs best-in-breed technologies in regulated and compliance-centric customer environments with security personnel that understand threat actors’ tactics, techniques, and procedures to realize faster identification and remediation of risks,” OpenText said.
- Webroot MDR powered by Blackpoint Cyber: This service is based on Blackpoint’s proprietary incident response solution and security operations center (SOC). Key capabilities include network visualization, insider threat monitoring, and traffic analysis for lateral movement detection, OpenText noted.
OpenText CEO Mark Barrenechea further emphasized those efforts during a November 4 2021 earnings call with Wall Street analysts. The company’s next earnings report is expected on May 4, 2022.
Admittedly, OpenText faces fierce competition in the MDR market. Key rivals include security software providers as well as MSSPs that have pivoted into MDR services.