Several major cybersecurity and managed security services provider (MSSP) announcements are expected today at AWS Summit in New York. Check this live blog frequently for updates throughout the day.
To get things started, we're tracking some new firewall and software security launches that run directly on AWS. Also, we're expecting a range of new third-party security services that safeguard AWS workloads from prying eyes. So what's cooking:
- AWS Launches Amazon Macie for Managed Cloud Security Services. Palo Alto Networks, Splunk and Trend Micro promise integrations. SDK coming.
- Splunk Launches Insights for AWS Cloud: End-to-end Cybersecurity?
- McAfee Offers Free Trial of virtual Network Security Platform (vNSP) for AWS: Partners and customers can test the new McAfee offering for up to 72 hours at no charge.
- Lacework Integrates with AWS CloudTrail.
- Barracuda Backup Gains Replication to AWS S3 Storage. Details from ChannelE2E.
- Amazon Launches AWS Migration Hub, a single portal for cloud migration tools. Details from ChannelE2E.
- Check this blog regularly for ongoing updates.
Protecting AWS and On-Premises Workloads
The AWS and third-party updates arrive at a key time. In recent months, multiple AWS customers have failed to properly safeguard workloads running on the public cloud platform. Many of the incidents involved customers that didn't follow basic security best practices when configuring their AWS accounts. The result: Multiple AWS cloud data leaks, all of which weren't necessarily Amazon's fault.
Still, today's news announcements aren't just about AWS security. In fact, many of the new AWS-based tools from third-party ISVs were designed to safeguard customers' on-premises workloads.
Stay tuned for more updates from AWS Summit.