Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: Check Point Software Technologies announced that its MIND training program is now NICE compliant. Created by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) framework is a fundamental reference for describing and sharing information about cybersecurity work. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
2. Funding Boost: Cloudburst Technologies, a provider of cyber threat intelligence solutions aimed at digital currency/cryptocurrency fraud, announced the closing of a $3 million seed investment round. The investment was led by Strategic Cyber Ventures (SCV) joined by Coinbase Ventures and Bloccelerate.
3. Talent Move: CyberCatch has hired Franklin Jackson as vice president, chief information officer and head of Global Security Advisory Services. Jackson has more than 20 years in leadership positions in IT and cybersecurity, and joins CyberCatch from ePlus, a global IT and cybersecurity solutions provider.
4. Deal Maker: ShorePoint, a cybersecurity services company that protects federal customers’ critical assets from cyber threats, announced that it has been awarded a prime position on a $300 million indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contract for IT services to the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation.
5. Cybersecurity Showcase: Mobilicom, a provider of cybersecurity for drones and robotics, announced that it will showcase its battle and field-tested portfolio of products and solutions for procurement specialists from the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and other key decision makers at SOF Week, May 8-11 in Tampa, Florida. Mobilicom will present its security solutions for drones, robots and autonomous vehicles that address the intensifying challenge of protecting Special Operations Forces warfighters and other valuable assets against cyberattacks without compromising functionality or performance.
7. Cyberattack Reported: Western Digital has taken its store offline and sent customers data breach notifications after confirming that hackers stole sensitive personal information in a March cyberattack. The company emailed the data breach notifications on May 5, warning that customers' data that was stored in a Western Digital database stolen during the attack. (Source: Bleeping Computer)
8. Automotive Security Partnership: VicOne, an automotive cybersecurity solutions specialist, is partnering with TomTom, a geolocation technology specialist, to safeguard connected cars that perform as an extension of the driver’s digital life. Working with TomTom, VicOne enables automobile manufacturers to protect their users’ data privacy in-vehicle through its purpose-built smart cockpit cybersecurity software.