This is technology M&A deal number 220 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2022.
The HWG acquisition marks ITP's third cybersecurity transaction in two years, according to a prepared statement. Previously, ITP purchased German cybersecurity company Avira and sold the company to NortonLifeLock in December 2020.
A Closer Look at HWG
HWG offers cybersecurity solutions that help organizations prevent and manage cyber threats. These are:
- Cyber Defense: Encompasses endpoint security, email security and other services to help organizations meet various security requirements.
- Human Expertise: Consists of an SOC staffed by more than 50 cyber analysts who perform cybersecurity and penetration tests.
- Machine Intelligence: Includes security information and event management (SIEM), security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) and other security services that use artificial intelligence and machine learning to protect organizations against cyberattacks.
Organizations can use HWG's solutions to protect mission-critical systems across finance, manufacturing, telecommunications and other industries, the company said. We don't believe HWG currently offers a partner program for MSSPs.
What Does the HWG Acquisition Mean for ITP?
The HWG acquisition highlights ITP's commitment to invest in companies that solve mission-critical problems and have the potential to expand internationally. It comes after ITP has made several notable investments, including:
- Contentserv: A product information management solutions provider
- Rtekk: A payments platform and e-wallet solutions provider
- Softgarden: An HR software provider
HWG could help ITP extend its reach into new markets and verticals, said Yusef Al Yusef, Head of Investcorp Private Wealth. Meanwhile, ITP will continue to support HWG and ensure the company is well-equipped to accelerate its growth.
ITP looks poised to continue to invest in cybersecurity companies. In doing so, ITP could explore investment opportunities to extend its reach in the managed security services market.